Objectives of NNJS
The NNJS is a central coordinating body for technical manpower and maintains links with eye hospitals and eye care centers, Government of Nepal and both national and international non-governmental organizations with regard to almost all of the eye related programs and quality control of eye care in Nepal. It plays a significant role in the evaluation and monitoring of the existing programs, mobilizes internal and external resources, involves active community participation and promotes self-reliance.
The main objectives of NNJS are as follows:
- To reduce the avoidable blindness below 0.2 % prevalence rate by clearing the backlog.
- To reduce incidence rate of preventable blindness by creating awareness in eye health and health seeking behaviors.
- Establish adequate sustainable eye care infrastructures enabling more accessible and affordable service.
- Create sufficient human resource in eye care.
- To establish international linkage keeping update the indigenous technology with recent development and advancement in eye care.
- Establish quality assurance system in eye care service delivery system
News & EventsInteraction program , regarding the contribution of Seva Foundation/Seva Canada Society in the Prevention of Blindness in Nepal
18th February 2017, Sat
During...Read More »
Read More »
34th Annual Day of Sagarmatha Choudhary Eye Hospital
11th Feb 2017, Sat
Read More »