Address : Nepalgunj -7 Fultekra
Phone : +977- 81 - 520598
Mid-Western Regional Eye Care Centre, Fateh-Bal Eye Hospital (FBEH) is an eye care institution managed and run by Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh Banke (NNJS, B). It was established in cooperation with Swiss Red Cross and Lions Club MD 102 Switzerland and Liechtenstein in 1986 A.D. Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh Banke (NNJS, B) is one of the branches of Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh (National society for comprehensive eye care), which has its head office in Tripureshwor, Kathmandu. Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh (NNJS) was established in 1978 A.D. (2035 B.S.) and is registered under the Society Registration Act, 1977 (2034 B.S.). This is a non-government, non-profit making, beneficent genuine social organization affiliated with Social Welfare Council (SWC).
Fateh-Bal Eye Hospital started its services in the mid-west region of Nepal since 1986 in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross. Later on, Lions Club MD 102 Switzerland and Liechtenstein also participated in the development of the hospital. The construction of outpatient department, operation theater, In-patient department and doctor quarters of the hospital was funded by the Lions Club MD 102 Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Since March 2001, the financial support from the donor agencies has been phased out and the hospital is running with its own resources.
The hospital is in Nepalganj, a famous city of the Mid-west region of Nepal. This is a 150 bedded, well-equipped, secondary level eye hospital with appropriate infrastructure.
The hospital is recognized as a highly qualified eye hospital for all kinds of ophthalmic activities by Nepal government, the Ministry of Health. The hospital has recently started 3 year PCL level course in Ophthalmic Science. This is also recognized as a training centre for MBBS internship on ophthalmology by Nepal Medical Council. Similarly, it is also acknowledged for Tertiary level comprehensive Low Vision Programme.
Aim And Objective:
The main objective / Mission of Fateh-Bal Eye Hospital is to reduce the blindness problem in this region by providing curative and preventive eye care services as per the guiding principles of the global WHO initiative “VISION 2020, The Right to Sight”.
Bheri Zone, Partly in Karnali and neighboring district of india
Available Services, Activities and service Time:
MAJOR TEST & TREATMENT
- Humphry Perimetry
- Yag Laser Iridectomy & Capsulotomy
- Argon Laser including PRP Sectoral and focal.
- Green Laser Treatment
- Ocular Pathology
- Low Vision Service
- Orthoptics Service
- Cataract including Phaco and sutureless.
- Congenital cataract.
- And other minor surgery
Community Outreach Service:
- Screening Eye Camp
- Free and Subsidized Surgical Eye Camp
- Education and Training
- Primary eye care training to Health Post In- charges.
- Awareness training to traditional healers.
- Vision screening training to school teachers.
- Training to drug retailers.
- Training to FCHV.
- Training to other community volunteers.
- Awareness through F.M., Pamphlets, Posters etc.
- Further expansion and strengthen the Community Outreach Programme including Health Education.
- Establish/ Collaborate Community Eye Care Centre in Jajarkot under guidelines of NNJS Centre.
- Develop and expand physical infrastructure under support from Indian Embassy.
- Establish specialty clinics: Retina, Glaucoma and Cornea.
- Gradually develop the hospital as an teaching institute.